jetpack technology

Sunday, December 30, 2007



Most of my Christmas presents this year came from my Amazon wishlist, one of which was a DVD of Sunshine which I'd been eager to see since it came out. Unfortunately I can only describe it as depressing and disappointing. It's all very slickly done with great production values, but the story is kind of implausible, it's pretty derivative of other movies like Event Horizon and Solaris and the overriding mood of the film is uncomfortably morbid. I'm glad I saw it but hand on heart, I couldn't say it was enjoyable. I thought it might be improved by Chris Evans showing some flesh but I guess as it's trying to be a super-serious film that wasn't really going to happen. Ah well. Here are some observations that another reviewer made about the film which I thought were pretty spot-on....

click for free food!