jetpack technology

Monday, November 27, 2006

pretty innit
I've found a new addiction (apart from "I'm a celebrity" I mean). In my quest to find a new compulsive game to while away the hours, I came across Cubis 2 Gold(!) It's a bit like bejeweled in that it's very pretty - in a way that would appeal to 8 year old girls - and there's not a whole lot to it, though unlike bejeweled there is actually some slight point to it - it's not just hi-tech bubble wrap. It's more like tetris in that once you get the hang of it, you go into a trance and your fingers take over. I played it for about 90 minutes this morning and a few hours last night too, all the time thinking "I'll just do this next level, then I'll switch it off and do something useful....okay, just one more, then I really will do something else. I can stop anytime..." There's something really rewarding about the colours and the sound. Someone could write a thesis on it. There's an online version which you can play here (though it's too small really) or you can download the full version and play for an hour before having to register it (for £12 - I couldn't resist). I was lucky enough to find two different versions so got 120 free minutes, which maybe is why I was so successfully sucked in....

click for free food!