jetpack technology

Sunday, June 04, 2006

I've got good news. For ages I've been meaning to submit my music to a certain agency which supplies to the film and TV industry all over the world. Well I looked at their site the other day and they have a new feature which allows you to upload a couple of mp3s and if they like them, you can be pre-approved to send them your material (otherwise you can send it, and never know if you'll hear back from them or if they like it). Anyway, I uploaded two tracks of mine which I thought would be most suitable and they got back to me saying yes they'll add those tracks to their catalogue if I send them my CDs, along with as much other material that I'd like them to consider - which is great. They supply music to loads of really well-known channels like MTV, National geographic etc. so if/when any of it gets picked up it could be a nice little earner. I'm trying not to be too excited about it because that might never happen but at least I'll be on their books. Also it means that the last 6 years that I've been sitting at home faffing about with music haven't been a waste. I'm sure I wouldn't have done most of it had I had a 9 to 5 job, (though actually I wouldn't consider it a waste even if nothing becomes of it because making music is what gives me most satisfaction in life and I hate the thought of being stuck in an office when I could be at home making sounds on my computer).... so anyway, I have to sort out some CDs and post them off on Monday

click for free food!