jetpack technology

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

well I don't have much to tell you except that I'm catsitting for my mum and dad this week, but I feel I need to post something in order to improve the atmosphere after my tirade about a certain popstar. You'll probably have realised I'm prone to these opinionated rants sometimes - but hey what are blogs for?!

I found a great blog (albeit in spanish) with loads of downloads of techno sets and DJ mixes. It's probably not that interesting to the casual music fan, and I'm not that obsessive about the more monotonous stuff but I do need a constant supply of changing auditory wallpaper and this is perfect for that.

Speaking of spanish, if you're teaching yourself a language you could do a lot worse than go to Wordchamp.com. It's like a free online dictionary with exercises and drills to learn vocabulary and verb conjugations. There's even a section where you can browse foreign websites and it automatically gives you the translation of a word just by mousing over it - it's great. I've been getting back into my learning french lately, mostly thanks to the nice weather and needing something to read while sitting in the park.

Thirdly, if you're like me and fascinated by colourful easy-to-play and somewhat childish games like bust-a-move, then you must try Frozen Bubble. It's a free open source project which appears to be totally finished. Of course it's intended for Linux etc and they ask people not to use it on Windows (er, why? what if you're not a geek?) but there is a perfect windows port here - yay! I believe it has 100 levels or more but I ran out of stamina after 22 or so... There's another good freebie called Pharaoh's bubbles in which you have to beat the computer, so any bubbles he pops get added to your screen and vice versa, so you have to be quick!

click for free food!