jetpack technology

Monday, July 10, 2006

Have you heard of Questionswap.com? You can ask any question, leave your email address and someone will get back to you with an answer. You have to provide the answer to a question too. I guess it's like a free version of that other one which I think is a pound per question sent by SMS text, but then they pay people to answer the questions (I applied for a job doing that but couldn't be bothered to find answers to their impossible test questions - I think one wanted to know how long it takes to drive from London to Marseille, and you're not allowed more than 10 mins to find an answer using the internet).

Here's a page of random questions and their answers. Some people really take time to think about them - I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

This was my question - and it's answer

    "On Monday, July 10, 2006 you asked the following question;

    what sort of person has this question reached?

    The following answer has just been sent to you;

    Good question, Male, 30 from west england, 6' 2", 13 stone, dark hair, neat beard, works in an art gallery, and is an artist himself and looking forward to next Lost episode, and wanting to be Zinadine Zidane- oinaylor at the mail that is very warm dot com"
it's compulsive, here's another one:
    "On Monday, July 10, 2006 you asked the following question;

    Have you considered that the person who answers your question could be one of the rare and precious people that could make you happy for the rest of your life - if only you could meet and get to know them?

    The following answer has just been sent to you;

    I haven't until now, but you make an excellent point. Some of the replies I have recieved have been really lovely and I wished I could say thank you to the person who sent it to me. Maybe I've even met you, stood next to you at a bus stop or held a door open for you to walk through. If I did, I'm sure you would have said thankyou.
another one:

    On Monday, July 10, 2006 you asked the following question;

    I asked this question: "Do you think men will eventually be under the same pressure as women to look good?"

    and the reply was "Yes, they already are. Why do you think men are becoming gay these days?"

    Do you think this is an insightful, well-reasoned answer?

    The following answer has just been sent to you;

    No, it's rubbish. Men are under the same pressure to look good because this is how the fashion industry makes money. Men don't become gay, it's just the way they are.
I could do a whole blog about this....

click for free food!