jetpack technology

Saturday, July 14, 2007

not far from me, there's a Lime tree (or rather Linden tree to give it's correct name) which when it flowers every year, creates the most amazing and strong scent which drifts all across the park - and it smells so heavenly. This weekend I've walked under it several times and collected a few bunches of the little yellow flowers and they make my bedroom smell heavenly. It's sad that it'll probably only be in flower for a week or so then then the smell will be gone. I wonder if I can buy some kind of essential oil so I can smell it all year round? I shall endeavour to find some anyway. Apparently the Germans wrote a lot of romantic poetry about the flowering of lime trees. Here's another article about it with some pretty pics. In other news, I also bought a bamboo wind chime for the tiny sum of £2 so I am having a very sensual experience at home at the moment - which is nice...

update: well that took about a minute to find some linden flower scented oil so it'll be summer all year round at the jetpack technology institute from now on. A quick google brought up dozens of pages full of superlatives describing the lovely smell. This person clearly feels the same as me...

here's an online shop that sells products with (almost) every (pleasant) smell you can think of - including new car, ice cream and er, "clean" (and dirt too!)

click for free food!